Monday, December 8, 2008

I've Been Plagiarized!

Yes, I've been plagiarized!

I went and googled my article one day (yeah, yeah, for narcissistic reasons) and used a sentence in my article as keywords. The google search displayed an article, my article: the Kotong article. The strange thing about it was that the article wasn't under my blog’s name. It was under somebody else's blog. Somebody with just the right level of IQ to be able to create a blog but not enough to write his or her own entry copied my ‘kotong’ article.

I don't know how to feel.

I'm no Norman Mailer, I know, and my articles aren't really Pulitzer Prize contenders, but it's not right that somebody with an IQ of a malnourished toad copy an article of mine and pass it off as his or her own. There wasn't any acknowledgment of some sorts. Not a drop of acknowledgment whatsoever. Not even "I plagiarized this from 'OurLeftFoot' and I have the IQ of a malnourished toad" or "I stole this article, somebody set me on fire."

If plagiarism is the highest form of flattery, then stabbing should be the highest display of gratitude.

Okay. Now, I feel flattered. Who should I thank?

No comments:

Post a Comment